Now, I don't think it's a newsflash that I'm not all the 'into' Lunchables. They're sort of prepackaged, very processed, far less healthy, store bought bentos (americanized, but I obviously don't have a problem with that, since it's not like I pack onigiri or the like either). I will commend them for what appears to be trying to make them a bit more nutritous with their newest versions.
But, what I mostly admire is this: Kraft's Lunch Notes Promise campaign. For every promise to write a note in their child's lunchbox, they will donate a meal to a child in need and their family. Their goal is 100,000 lunch note promises and meals donated. I was #25,578.
I don't benefit in any way from this. I'm not tied to them beyond my own promise to send a lunch note and the fact that I like the idea of feeding a hungry kid. They do state that they don't sell your email addy, and they say they will only email you if you opt-in via checkbox (and I do respect that it's an opt-in rather than one of those tiny, sneaky, hidden opt-out boxes).
So, if you feel so inclined . . . promise to send a lunch note, and feed a child in need!
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment