Anna Claire however is counting down to lots of things (Harry not amongst them):
- Just 5 Days til Nana & Papa return from Oregon (visiting Aunt DeDe and Uncle John)
- Only 3 Weeks til Pre-K (oh, and we've accepted the spot at the 2nd place, not the 2nd choice, but the one that didn't have a spot til later)
- Then just a month after that and we'll be off to DISNEY!!!
- Halloween's just over a month after we return (she's going to make the cutest little LadyBug - have I mentioned I love my co-op group?!).
- Thanksgiving will be less than a month after that.
- And then, it's CHRISTMAS!
- Which also means just 3 more weeks til her birthday!
So, you see how I mean that birthday party planning isn't really all that premature? Things are coming together pretty easily though (knock wood). We don't know how many kids we'll have this year (since I'm sure a large part of her guest list will be made up of Pre-K friends, many of whom she hasn't met yet!), but I know we'll keep the numbers down. We'll probably do 'just girls' this year (works with the theme, and limits guests easily). Having it at home will also help keep the list in check (I have *no* desire to take on 20 5-year-olds in my home!). We'll plan on asking everyone to come in their fanciest ensemble ("that's a fancy word for clothes"), but Anna Claire also has plenty of dress-up stuff to share if need be. We'll definitely have cake, but we'll also make parfaits ("that's French for ice cream sundaes"). I even think I've already found an activity/favor (I'm such a fan of that multi-tasking combo!). Might even have enough left over in the budget (we're not fans of the children's birthday parties that cost more than our wedding reception!) for tiaras and boas as favors too, if my group runs another dress-up co-op!
I love it when a plan comes together (again . . . knock wood!!!)!

No comments:
Post a Comment