Monday, July 09, 2007

And now we have a dilemma

I'd been told over and over how *hard* it was to get a state Pre-K slot. Understandably the state limits the total number of classrooms, as it doesn't want to be paying for 1/2 empty classes. Well, now we have a slot at 2 different schools and a decision to make . . ..

The first school (the one I 'camped out' for back in February, as you might recall) I've heard great things about, but mostly about one specific teacher (she was the only one there last year, this year they're adding a 2nd class). The second is new (but the franchise has *lots* of experience with state Pre-K classrooms as *all* of their locations have at least 1 class), and the staff seems FAR more friendly/helpful all-around. Plus their facility is super-nice since they're brand new (open for about 8 months now). I'm almost taking the fact that Anna Claire got a slot at the 2nd as a sign in-and-of itself. They only had 5 slots available ("in-house" kids, those who are there for full-time daycare, get 1st priority, which is kind of the norm at all facilities) and they did a random drawing from a list of all the interested families (and I know there were lots of interested families!). Odds weren't in our favor, so I wasn't really pondering this decision til now (as there was a good chance that there would be no decision to make!). But, her name was picked . . . and now we have a decision to make.

Obviously I'm leaning toward the 2nd provider . . . but, I'll mull it over all night til I have to 'officially' make a decision tomorrow.

No comments: