Tuesday, May 02, 2006

34 weeks, and more rest . . ..

BabyCenter:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is probably almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her central nervous system is still maturing and her lungs are well developed by now. If you've been nervous about going into preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that 99 percent of babies this age can survive outside the womb — and most have no major long-term problems related to prematurity.

iVillage:

Your baby, weighing in at four pounds 11 ounces, and measuring 40 centimeters crown to rump or 16 inches, urinates nearly a pint a day. In fact, the urine, along with sweat and other fluids from the baby, help to make up the amniotic fluid. This amazing amniotic fluid completely replenishes itself every three hours!

BabyZone:

Your baby's eyes are now open when awake, and closed when sleeping. Most of the lanugo is gone and replaced with a thich coat of vernix.

And then, there's the bedrest . . .. My bp shot up again yesterday, so I'm now (at least temporarily) on "strict" bedrest (yes, I know, I'm on the computer, but I had to pass by here on the way to the bathroom so I stopped to quickly update!). Thankfully, there's only trace protien in my urine (just what you wanted to know, eh?) so we're still holding tight. They're running several more tests, just to see where things stand and we should have a better idea by my next appointment Thursday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get off the computer and back to bed!!