But, here it is: the simple fact is she IS safer in a 5pt harness. Truthfully, we ALL would be (there's a reason that racecar drivers wear them!).
I've pondered the switch before, but it's always come down to WHY? She still 'fits' in her harnessed seat - we bought her Britax Regent purposely BECAUSE it would extend her time in a 5pt harness (they officially state it goes up to 80lbs and 53" but she'll outgrow it by torso height before total height). She doesn't object to it at all, and she has ridden in a booster before (occasional rides in Papa's car, since she outgrew her Britax Marathon, that is also now used for Caroline; so it's not like she doesn't know what a booster is). She can even buckle her 5pt seat all herself!
Then, it seems like anytime I'd ponder going ahead and moving her . . . I'd once again come across this YouTube video (WARNING: I still can't watch it w/o crying):
Belle's Gift - The Importance of a 5 Point Harness Car Seat
But, she is now on the top shoulder harness slots on the Regent. Still safely so for now, but there's no more height adjustment (even though she's only 49" or so). Add to that the fact that it's getting harder to get Caroline 'up' and in the Marathon (it sits higher, so we have to lift her up into while still tucking her under the door frame; it's getting challenging!). So, it looks like it's almost time to move Caroline into the Regent, and get Anna Claire her booster seat . . ..

As such, I ordered her a new MagnaClek Oobr (in Snowberry - she's excited!). Actually, I pre-ordered it; to be released August 15th. Again, I'm sure I'll catch some flak for that too. But, I'm a big fan of its' rigid LATCH system and magnesium frame. Plus, just like the others - it should get another 3 years of use or so out of little sister too.
Is all of this "over-protective?" Perhaps, but I think they're worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment