Sunday, April 27, 2008

Say my name

So, it turns out that Caroline knows our names. Now, she's of course called us Mommy and Daddy for a loooong time. And she's said that her "sissy" is "Anna Cwaaire." She's even been pretty good about identify herself as "Cah-wiine" (after informing us that she's the "Be-be" first!). But, today we learned that she knows both B and I by our first names too!

Shouldn't surprise us, she mimics (or tries) most things she hears. She even knows the names of several of Anna Claire's classmates. She began answering me "yes, m'aaaaam" last week (ah, how I love my GRITS!). Still strikes me as funny though (mostly because she hasn't begun using our names instead of our titles; I'm sure that day will come!).

As for Anna Claire . . . only 4 more weeks of Pre-K left. This year has just FLOWN by. I can't believe that it's only a bit over 3 months til I'll put her on a school bus for the elementary school! She's SO ready though. In fact, she's been enjoying her learning to read so much, and improving so quickly, that for the past few weeks she's been reading us bedtime stories! Each night she moves on to a new book in her Bob Books series. They begin quite simplistically, but since she'd already been reading some it really boosted her confidence to read "entire books" herself. She's now about 3/4 of the way through the Advancing Beginners set, and has read every one of them with little or no help from us. She's SO proud of herself!

No comments: