Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fighting illness, once again

And again, it has manifested itself into yet another ear infection for Caroline.

We've all had a bit of a cold, Anna Claire's worse than ours but still hardly enough to slow her down too much. It's hit Caroline like a ton of bricks however, and culminated in an Urgent Care visit with Children's Hospital. She's had a fever for 3-4 days, ranging from 101F (w/ meds) to 104F (when the Tylenol/Motrin wear off), and was just acting so unlike herself that we decided it just couldn't wait for a regular weekday visit. She's now on another round of antibiotics, and once again they're just tearing up her stomach. This morning was the worst I've ever seen of it - she went for 45 minutes of unconsolable screaming/crying and wouldn't let me touch her (which has never happened before); anytime I tried to pick her up she'd shove me away and scream harder. I was ready to take her to the ER when she had the most horrific blow-out I've ever witnessed and then was finally okay. Seems her stomach was cramping so badly she couldn't do anything but scream and cry (and trust me, I did a good bit of crying myself). I'm now pushing the probiotics as hard as I can; even tempting with ice cream if I have to in order to try to restore the balance in her intestines. Poor baby is miserable.

I just pray we're over it by Christmas and can enjoy it.

On a happier note: Anna Claire was a FANTASTIC Frosty in her Pre-K Holiday Program! She sang her lines so loud and clear, and danced around the entire audience. She had a great time and we could'nt have been prouder!

No comments: