Caroline was switched to the Prilosec on Wednesday. It seems to be helping more, but it's hard to tell. Apparently, there's another culprit at work here too. From the stool sample collected (easy to do since she had a complete blowout in the waiting room!), it seems that Caroline also has a bacteria known as C Diff. Possibly brought about by the reduced acid environment in her stomach from the Axid (if it's not one thing . . .). Since it's possible that it's abdominal cramping that's causing her pain, she's been put on a 10-day round of a specific antibiotic, that's supposed to knock this thing out. It is also, according to the pharmacist, "one of the worst tasting meds out there." Yipee. They did their best to flavor over it, and Caroline has proven pretty good about taking medicine, we'll hope that continues!
We have her 2-month check-up on Wednesday, so we'll have a chance to reevaluate things then.
Oh, and she lurves the Kozy. She's asleep in it, on me, as I type . . ..
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! What an exciting surprise. I didn't know you were expecting. I was sorry to herar about the medical problems. I hope evey thing goes well for the Open House. We won't be able to stop in due to previous plans. The photos of the girls are wonderful. I love the idea of the blog. Take care and have a relaxing summer.
Diane G.
Post a Comment