So, the other day in the car Anna Claire makes a song request (not at all unusual, though usually she requests an artist - Ralph or Laurie or Jack, etc). She says she "wants to hear sa-shimi doll."
Huh?
I tell her I'm not sure which one that is. Behaving like a stereotypical "ugly American" she simply repeats it, much louder this time. "SA-SHIMI DOLL!"
Again, huh?
I ask her if perhaps she can sing a bit of it, thinking that a few more lyrics might help me out a bit. She sings "sa-shimi doll . . .."
I'm still thinking - that doesn't really help much. I'm trying to figure out what on Earth the words represented by "sa-shimi doll" could possibly be. Her father on the other hand, was listening to the tune - who knew he (or our daughter for that matter!) was such a Kelly Clarkson fan?
"Since you've been gone (yeah, yeah)"
On the illness front - Anna Claire seems 95% better. Daddy and Caroline seems to have escaped it completely. I, on the other hand, am still fighting it. Ah well, better to have happy kids when feeling crummy . . ..
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm always gonna think of your story when I hear that song now, LOL. Just wanted you to know that your big brother reads this from time to time to check up on you. Take care. Dave
Post a Comment