And, I'd been doing so well. Let's see, the last couple weeks . . ..
The reflux has been touch and go. It's *nowhere* near as severe as Anna Claire's was (knock wood), but it's always a challenge to get a handle on the right balance of meds. She's been on the Axid for a couple weeks now. We've even upped the dosage to try to accomodate her weight gain (up to 10lbs 9oz as of this evening!). It seems hit or miss. Some days are really good, others are a bit rougher and she's in obvious pain (and we have to turn to adding Mylanta Supreme to the mix). We'll be looking into our other options (proton pump inhibitors) either this week or by next week (when we go in for her 2 month check up and shots).
But, don't let the reflux worries make you think she's anything but a happy baby (save the times she's hurting). She's sleeping like a champ (even had a couple 7 hour stretches!!!), and spending more time every day checking out her surroundings. And she *loves* being held, specifically she's loving spending time being 'worn' by Mommy in our wrap. As such, in an effort to make that an easier thing to do while we're out and about (the wrap is a logistical challenge as long fabric and dirty parking lots don't mix well), I've ordered a Mei Tai in a *gorgeous* pattern. Can't wait to try it out!
The 'babywearing' also helps me spend some better quality time with Anna Claire. She's adjusted really well, and is settling into her role as "Big Sissy" very nicely. Though, we may have to explain a bit more clearly the responsibilities and benefits in detail. This week she informed us that "when Caroline gets bigger and I'm huge, I'll put her on the naughty step." We had a discussion about who handles discipline, but we also got a chuckle out of it (not within her earshot, of course).
Anyway, much as I'd love to update more (and I know I've been lax in doing so lately) . . . sleeping babies should mean sleeping parents. So, that's what I'm off to do! G'night!
Addendum, Sunday morning: 8 straight hours of sleep . . . have I mentioned she's a *really* good baby?
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment