Sunday, September 30, 2007

I still need a vacation from our vacation!

A week back from the Happiest Place on Earth, and I'm still recovering!

The trip was WONDERFUL. The girls had a ball (both of them!), and we got to do pretty much everything we'd hoped. Anna Claire even rode the Tower of Terror and is still raving about The Haunted Mansion! Her hands-down fave though was Soarin' - she rode it about a half-dozen times! She also thoroughly enjoyed the Playhouse Disney and Imagination Movers concerts (and the preschool mosh-pit was one of the funniest things I've seen in a loooong time).

Caroline had a better time than I might've expected. She LOVED the characters, especially Jo Jo at Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine and, of course, the Big Mouse himself. Poor Dale, we had a character dinner one night at The Garden Grill, and he was really trying to get Caroline to smile or wave and all she'd do was straight-arm him (literally!) while squealing "Mih-EEEE, Mih-EEEE!" You can guess who was following close behind, right? Ah, the girl knows who the Rodent in Charge is, eh?

But, we're still trying to settle back into our routines here. It's coming, but it's taking a bit of time . . .. I'm thinking a week at The Grove Park Inn might do it . . . (a girl can dream, can't she?!).

No comments: