Thursday, August 09, 2007

Share your knowledge (please!)

Alright, I'm ready to look into ANYTHING to help with this poor baby's diaper rash!

She's never had a real issue until a few weeks ago, and since then it seems we just can't shake it (every time we think it's gone, it resurfaces). I don't think it's any sort of allergic reaction to anything she's eaten (nothing unusual of late), but I won't rule out her diapers. We've been using the same brand since she was born (since Anna Claire, actually), but they have recently changed look - perhaps they've also changed something in the diapers themselves that's bothering her?

We've been loyal Boudreaux's users since Anna Claire (who also never had too much of a problem with diaper rash). We've also been using Lotrimin (as it's often been a yeast diaper rash), and occasionally a mix with hydrocortisone cream (1% OTC). We've tried Triple Paste, but haven't really had any more luck with it than our old stand-by Butt Paste.

She's getting lots of 'air-time' and oatmeal baths, as well. But this latest rash (showed up suddenly yesterday evening) is the worst I've seen. She actually looks blistered from it. Poor kid is *miserable* and screams every time she wets . . ..

There's got to be something else I can do (yes, I'm calling her Ped - but, as y'all know I'm a bit more 'hippie' than my Dr and I'm open to trying almost anything to help!). PLEASE email if you have any advice!!!

No comments: