I began reading Anna Claire her first "chapter book" at bedtime this week. She's SO excited about the ongoing nature, and I'm excited not to be reading the same books each night (Fancy Nancy has been a fave for a while; good, but a bit much after a few dozen times). We're now reading Charlotte's Web. It came with the DVD, and while I'd say it's a bit advanced for her (yes, even as her adoring mother I'd say that!) since she already knows the story (she saw the recent film in the theater, and I'm sure we'll watch the DVD a time or two!) she's rather excited and actually follows along much more closely than those that she has all but memorized.
Again, I'm just excited that it means I have something different (even if it's just a new chapter) to read each night!
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment