Sunday, October 22, 2006

Long time, no update

Wow. Has it really been a week and a half?

Not sure what to update about the girls . . ..

We're giving some thought to Anna Claire's birthday party. You might say "already?" But, with the upcoming Holidays these next few months fly by and her b-day will be here before we know it. She changes her mind regularly on what she thinks she might like to do. From 'pizza' to 'airplanes' (Papa is building one, so it's always on her mind - she's SO excited) to 'bowling' (as we just went to her first bowling party today and she had a blast!). We're trying to make sure that whatever it is, it follows a budget as we've moved into the 'invite the whole preschool class' stage now - and 18 kids (plus a few non-school friends) makes for a pretty big event. I just can't believe we're already planning for her turning 4!!!

Caroline is doing great. Growing like crazy and learning/trying new things almost every day. She's rolling both ways without much effort these days, and pushes herself up on her arms while flailing/wiggling her legs behind her; I don't think it will be all that long before she discovers self-propulsion. She started using her Jumperoo this past week, and she loves it. She likes to kick and jump, plus it gives her a different perspective on things. She also likes to 'dance' with her sissy in it, and they crack eachother up. She's a bit over 16lbs now (I think), and has pretty much fully moved into her 6-9mo size clothes.

She's still loving being 'worn' and as such, I thought I'd give an update as to what my babywearing stash has morphed into these days. Surprisingly, it's more sparse than you might expect! These days, we're pretty much exclusively using our bEco (the black one with the Moon lined hood, here), for both front and back carries. I also recently borrowed a ring sling from my local NINO 'lending library' and decided it would be nice to have one of those as well for quick carries and nursing. Our Up Mama should arrive soon (barring hold-up in customs at the Canadian border!).

Well, that's all I can manage at this hour. I'll try to do a better job of keeping things updated more regularly!

No comments: