Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Perhaps Mama knows something?

K, I *know* it's been crazy around here. With the just back from vacation madness (chores, laundry, back to old routines and bedtimes, etc), bumped right up into the days-away-from-Christmas madness (cleaning, wrapping, cooking, etc). But . . . I gotta say, I'm kinda over it.

Scene 1:
Girls: Running around the 1st floor, chasing, hiding, catching, squealing, etc.
Mom: "You two need to stop the running, or someone's going to end up hurt {insert foreboding music here}. Go down to the basement if you want to play."
Girls: Running to the basement door to beat one another, little one tries to close the door behind her to 'escape' her sister, and winds up shutting the door on her head. Tears ensue.

Scene 2:
Girls: Trying to make a 'kite' that they have created from scraps of wrapping paper and ribbon 'fly' by running around the house (sense a theme here?).
Mom: "STOP running in the house. Someone's going to end up hurt, just like earlier."
Caroline: (immediately as I finish) *wham* right into the console table in the foyer. Tears ensue.

Scene 3 (yes, there's a 3rd. In the same day. Not running this time though. I suppose that's progress?):
Girls: Messing with my Christmas snowglobes.
Mom: "Please don't pick up the snowglobes, they are heavy and breakable."
Girls: (30 seconds later) *crash* a glass snowglobe hits the floor and shatters. Tears ensue.
Mom: herds girls to the basement (mind you, the basement is one big finished playroom, so it's not like I'm sending them to the dungeons) to clean up the mess
Girls: crying and screaming that I'm throwing the broken snowglobe away (well, yes, I don't think the jagged shards of remaining glass make quite the desired decorating statement) and they won't get to hear the music it plays anymore.

REALLY??!??

I will say, at least Anna Claire apologized nicely:


1 comment:

Mom&Dad said...

That's a keeper! Snowglobes come and snowglobes go... but true sentiment from your children will warm your heart forever.... trust me :)